Wednesday 14 January 2015

Japanese Literature Challenge 8


It has been only now in January 2015 that I've come across the Japanese Literature Challenge 8 that Dolce Bellezza - for literary and translated fiction launched on the last day of May 2014. And this was by mere accident because I was looking for something completely different really. However, I joined it right away although the closing date is already near.

During the past six months I reviewed only two Japanese novels and as fate would have it they are both classics from the pen of the 1968 Nobel laureate Kawabata Yasunari.
In addition, I reviewed a contemporary novel set in Japan, in Tōkyō to be precise, that a young Austro-Japanese author wrote in German, namely 
  • Milena Michiko Flašar: Ich nannte ihn Krawatte (2012), translated into English as I Called Him Necktie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear anonymous spammers: Don't waste your time here! Your comments will be deleted at once without being read.